GR2 "magical and mythical world" Northern Dodecaness Greece
Yogacruising Northern Dodekaness İslands "magical and mythical world"
The northern parts of the Dodecanese offer a luxurious variety of impressions. Kalymnos is famous as a sponge-divers island. Patmos is a destination for Christian pilgrimage since John the Apostle, also known as John of Patmos was given a vision of Jesus here. The small island of Leipsoi is renowned for it’s local products: wine, fish and cheese.
These islands belong to a world of myth and magic, being rich in historic remains, bearing witness of the grandeur of the numerous civilizations that chose to live here.A world where the Sun appears as a daily painter of landscapes and the Sea reverberates in a myriad of shades to give birth to Life.
You book a flight to Bodrum (BJV), Cos (KGS-Greece). Bodrum and Cos can easily be reached by regular airlines and charter companies from all major european cities. Our transfer Staff is awaiting you at the airport and brings you to the yacht in the harbor (Transfer not included). Enjoy the trip! You will be traveling along a beautiful stretch of nature, giving you the tune for the unwinding holiday you just started! Dinner will be served onboard and our first overnight stay will be in the harbor or in a creek close by.
Arrival in Cos Greece and trip to Bodrum Port: Ferry from Cos İsland morning s 10.30 AM and afternoon 4.30 PM. Please book your Ferry Ticket to New Port in Bodrum or we can book for you. Ferry-Ticket Link. We can arrange transfers for you from the ferry to the ship.
Arrival and Departure Hotel Accommodation: Early arrivals and departures are possible if you have better direct flights to Bodrum. Our cooperation with 2 hotels at Marina 5 is walking distance to our office and anchorage. Pomelon Club Hotel Oceanfront / Beach Link: Details and Martı Pension Link Details
Order of events of the YogaCruising Nord Dodekanesse Route - example
Day 1 - Saturday: Arrival day in Gökova Marina Bodrum
Arrival at Bodrum airport / Embarkation from 2 p.m. The transfer from the airport is not included.
At your arrival to Cos airport we organize your transfer to the harbor. You will embark the yacht with a welcoming information of the crew and your travel guide.
Start from Marina 5 PM to Kilisebükü and Dinner on board
Day 2 Sunday: Kilisebükü-Bodrum-Kalimnos İsland
Breakfast while Cruise to Bodrum anchors in the bay at Windmills. Hike Excursion about 3 hours in Botanical Thempo with ibo in his homeland to the history of Ancient Halicarnassus present Bodrum (Fakultativ 35, - € P.p). Walk to the windmills overlooking the harbor, city and Kos, then through the old town the narrow streets to the theater and the 7 Wonders of the World Mausoleum, then on to the antique harbor and free walking in Bodrum. 1.Yoga on board in the evening and overnight in the bay near Bodrum.
Day 3 Monday: Kalymnos- Leros We set sails to the enchanting island of Kalymnos. The attractiveness of Kalymnos resides in large parts in it’s beautiful bays and spectacular rock ledges, inviting you to stay to relax in their calm tranquility. The hidden rock of the harbor of Vahtis, on the east side of the island, will be our first anchoring spot. In the vicinity of Vahti you will find both older and more recent orthodox basilicas. Only 15 km from here, in the city of Chorio, you’ll have the possibility to join an exciting climbing tour, up to a medieval crusaders castle. A spectacular view will disclose itself on these heights.
Mooring s in Pedi Bay in Leros and Yoga on Board in Pedi Bay
Day 4 Tuesday: Leros-Lipsoi
Hiking in the Early Mornings to Windmill and Yoga on the Chapel (Sunrise Time) Breakfast on the Boat and Leisurely we cruise to the island of Leipsoi, also known as Lipsi, to enjoy and swim in the clear turquoise water of the Aegean Sea. You are free to enjoy your shore leaves on the picturesque island of Leipsoi. Small Walking to the Fisher Harbour. Evenings Yoga on the Boat in the Bay.
Day 5 Wednesday: Lipsoi-Patmos Our next passage is to Patmos, where we will anchor in Skala, the main harbor, with it’s impressive Monastery of Saint John the Theologian. Patmos became famous through it’s “destiny“ to become the place of exile of St.John, as the result of anti-Christian persecution under the Roman emperor Domitian. St. John was banished to Patmos by Roman authorities and he stayed here to write The Book of Revelation, instructed by a heavenly figure to write down the contents of a vision. Later on, Patmos became a place of pilgrimage. The Monastery of Saint John the Theologian was founded here in 1088, and today it is still a Greek Orthodox monastery. We dedicate most of our time to the different aspects of the Monastery of Saint John, all around the town of Chora (situated 2 km from Skala). This comprises the heavy fortified exterior, necessary to protect the monastery from piracy, the Chapel of the founder with it’s impressive icons, the adjoining Chapel of the Theotokos, whose frescoes date from the 12th century, the refectory, the Treasury which has an impressive array of religious art, the most important "monastery collection" in Greece besides Athos. Once here you can also choose among numerous hiking tours. One leads to the ancient acropolis, the fortified city-walls, to the Seat of Panayia Koumna (a cluster of gardened cells, belonging to the monastery). Another option is to hike to the cave of Saint Anne, were Saint John is said to have had his visions. He later dictated his revelations to his student Prohoros. We stay in this harbor of Patmos over the night.
Day 6 Thursday: Patmos-Leros-Pserimos We continue to the smaller island of Leros where we’ll moor in the harbor of the small village of Ayia Marina. It has a stunning Crusaders Stronghold situated high on a hill above the city. Ayia Marina and the nearby city of Platanos (just half a kilometer away) are remarkable because of their neoclassical houses and the peaceful village atmosphere. The impressive “castro”, a knight’s castle, is throning above you, together with an inhabited church of the 14th century and a museum housing Byzantine antiques.
Day 7 Friday: Pserimos-Bodrum-(Hamam Turkish Bath) Gökova Marina Departure after Yoga from Pserimos to Bodrum and Mollaibram Bay for Relaxing and swimming. The cruise continues from the Bay Mollaibram in direction of the Çökertme Bay Excursion to the Old Town in Mugla with (Hamam Turkish Bath), Peeling and Olive Oil Soap foam Massage.
Dinner with fish specialties at a local fish restaurant on the Beach
Day 8 Saturday: Transfer to the airport.
Sup Boards & Sup Yoga
There are sup boards on board and private sup yoga lessons are possible. Sup Yoga teacher Darya gives private lessons on board. SUP YOGA lesson per hour € 30, - (including sup-board and lessons). SUP BOARD or KAYAK-CANOE rent price for 1 hour € 10, - Rent price for a week (Sunday to Friday evening) 1 Sup-Board € 140, - Weeks rent for SUP-BOARD please before reservation.
Highlights and Excursions of your YogaCruise
* 2 times sailing an a traditionally built wooden yacht
* Sunrise Hiking-excursion on the İsland Leros to Windmils, Castle, Chapel and Village Platane € 20,- p.P
Included services on a YogaCruising trip
* 7 nights’ accommodation / from – to harbor ( on the Yacht with Crew (captain,chef,sailor )
* Half board (AP) of vegetarian meals: 7x BRUNCH breakfast, Lunchtime Fruid, 16 pm Tea-time with Cookies and 6x dinner will be served.(not included are: 1 dinner that will be arranged in a local fish restaurant).
* Tea as well as ginger tea are served free of charge on the boat, throughout the day
* 2 x 90 minutes yoga class per day (morning and evening on 5 days). The yoga sessions start on Sunday evening and the last session is given on Friday morning.
* High quality yoga mats, blocks, belts and blankets are provided on board, in sufficient quantity. * Equipment for snorkeling and some water sports are provided on board.
* 2x a week there is an option of sailing between 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. (depending on weather conditions)
* At lunchtime we will serve you small Snack fresh fruits.
* Tea time with coockies and bisquits is at 4 PM.
* We provide you fresh brewed tea, herbal tea and fresh ginger tea.
* Yoga sessions each morning and in the evening for 90 Min. on five days during the week. The Yogasessions will start on sundayevening and ends on friday in the morning..
* Harbour Tax in Turkey
* Crew service * Ship water * Diesel & Gasoline * Bed Linen & Bath towels * Use of equipment on board * Yacht insurance (we advise you to take out your own individual travel insurance)
Your daily YogaCruising program
* After getting up, first enjoy a herbal tea or a cup of hot water with fresh lemons and ginger.
* Every morning yoga takes place for 90 minutes from about 07.00 - 08.30.
* 09.00-10.30 you can expect an extensive brunch - breakfast in the Mediterranean style.
* At lunchtime there are delicious fruit from the region. At 4pm is Tea Time with biscuits and biscuits.
* Depending on weather conditions, sailing twice a week from 11am to 4pm. The participants are welcome to help with the sailing, the team is happy about it.
* The exceptional atmosphere invites you to swim, sunbathe and relax.
* In the evening, from about 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm, yoga will be practiced for 90 minutes. (The times vary depending on the season).
After the yoga around 20.00 we serve you a sumptuous dinner with traditional dishes.
* Finish the day with a view of the starry sky. The sundeck agrees best to this (bring sleeping bag to sleep outside)
Extra costs on your YogaCruising trip
* Transfer from/ to the airport. € 20,- p.P oneway
* Tip and gratuity for the crew (commonly around 50 € per pers.)
* Extra excursions - Hiking
* Wi-Fi use €10,- week in Turkey and €15,- in Greece
* Entrance fees to the archaeological sites
* 1 x dinner with fish specialties at a local fish restaurant: (around 17-25 €) p.p.
* Harbour Tax in GREECE TOURS Per Person 75 € - Payment Arrival Day on Board.
Good to know for your YogaCruising
YogaCruising reserves the right to modify traveling routes, time schedules and the sequence of events due to weather conditions or organizational demands.
* Embarkation from 2 pm, disembarkation 9 am.
* Travel participants have no legitimate claim to the presence of the mentioned seminar leader. He or she may be substituted by an equally qualified yoga teacher.
Meals and drink
* Vegetarian half board on board (breakfast buffet and evening buffet). * All-day fresh still water, herbal and tea selection, coffee * Lunchtime fruit-small snack and 16.00 biscuits biscuits and tea. * Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are offered at moderate prices.
Contakt / Booking
We look forward to your booking and inform you anytime about your further questions.